The Southern Food & Beverage Museum is a nonprofit living history organization dedicated to the discovery, understanding and celebration of the food, drink and the related culture of the South. While based in New Orleans, the Museum examines and celebrates all the cultures that have come together through the centuries to create the South’s unique culinary heritage. SoFAB also hosts special exhibits, demonstrations, lectures and tastings that showcase the food and drink of the South.
Located inside the Southern Food & Beverage Museum (and included in your admission!) is The Museum of the American Cocktail's New Orleans Collection and La Galerie de l'Absinthe. Be sure to check our program calendar to see what we'll be offering during your visit in the Rouses Culinary Innovation Center by Jenn-Air, and don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions!
- Celebrating 10 Years of SoFAB in 2018! See the full schedule and learn more
- In the SoFAB Kitchen: Regular demonstrations from local chefs at the museum
- Cooking Classes: Every Monday and Thursday learn to cook with SoFAB!
- Kids Programs: Weekend cooking classes, Summer Kids Camp, and more!
- Entrepreneurship and Mentorship: SoFAB supports culinary entrepreneurs in a variety of ways
Hours: Wednesday through Monday, 11:00 AM to 5:30 PM Closed Tuesdays
Bringing a group? See our Group Visit Page to enhance your visit.
- Adults: $10.50 per person
- Students (with ID), Military, and Seniors over 60: $5.25 per person
- Children Under 12 (with an adult): Free
Street parking is available, or you can take the St. Charles Streetcar line to Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and walk three blocks to Oretha C. Haley Boulevard.
The Southern Food & Beverage Museum is now part of the New Orleans Public Library Museum Pass Program. Each pass provides free museum entry for up to 2 adults for a two week period. Children ages 11 & under are always free. All 14 Library locations have one Southern Food & Beverage Museum pass available for check out. Learn more here!
SoFAB is a member of The American Alliance of Museums. If you're a fellow member or museum professional, let us know when you visit!
Many thanks to the sponsors of the Southern Food and Beverage Museum.