Looking for something special for your group? Unable to make it to one of our regular cooking demonstration classes? Custom demonstration experiences can be arranged with Culinary Programming Director Jyl Benson! Jyl and a team of service professionals can provide a range of all-inclusive dining experiences for lunch, dinner or special events in the Rouses Culinary Innovation Center by Jenn-Air and the Gumbo Garden.
Menus are customized to the client’s budget requirements and needs.
Guests may choose from an array of demonstrations, from how to make a roux to preparations of New Orleans dishes such as Commander’s Palace's famous Shrimp Henican, Bread Pudding, Savory or Sweet Calas, and Bananas Foster.
Suggested menu items include, but are not limited to:
- Red and White Remoulade Sauces with Chilled Shellfish
- Corn Macque Choux with Tasso
- Classic Dark Roux Cajun Gumbo
- Creole Jambalaya with Vine-Ripened Tomatoes
- Shrimp Creole with Louisiana Long-Grain Rice
- Sicilian- New Orleans Red Gravy over Pasta
- Grillades and Grits
- Gulf Fish Pecan Meunière or Almandine
- Chicken Fricassee
- New Orleans-style BBQ Shrimp
- Cochon du Lait
- Crawfish Boils
- Cajun Fried Turkey
- Southern Grits station with BBQ Shrimp, Beef Debris Gravy, and/or Roasted Vegetables
- Bananas Foster with Ice Cream
- Gauteau de Sirop
- Classic New Orleans Bread Pudding
Please contact SoFAB’s Event Coordinator Holly Barrett at email@example.com for more information.