The Rouses Culinary Innovation Center by Jenn-Air was a busy place during the holidays with many visitors to New Orleans scheduling to participate in our popular Taste of New Orleans demonstration cooking classes. We also enjoyed a visit from a group of guests with Jenn-Air and Coburn's, one of their local retail outlets.
For their visit our staff and several chef friends demonstrated the use of some of our Jenn-Air and KitchenAid appliances in the making of dishes we then served to out esteemed guests. Although our staff is comfortable with the equipment, even we were surprised by the level of ease that the appliances offered us. We were able to have many of the dishes cooking without our constant supervision, which made hosting significantly easier!
Here's what the evening entailed:
- Fresh house-made pasta by SoFAB staff using the KitchenAid Pro-line Stand-mixer and Jenn-Air Induction Burner
- Fresh tomato sauce by SoFAB staff using the KitchenAid Pro-line Processor and Jenn-Air Induction Burner
- Savory cream puffs by Executive Sous Chef David Harrower of Purloo using the Jenn-Air Steam Oven
- Chicken, andouille sausage, fresh tomato, and okra gumbo by SoFAB staff using the KitchenAid Muti-Cooker with Tower Stirring Attachment
- Roast pork tenderloin demonstration by SoFAB staff using the Jenn-Air Dual Combi Ovens with Electronic Probe
- Wild boar hot link sausage and grits with blackberry/ bourbon reduction by Chef Brack May of Cowbell and Truck Farm Tavern using Jenn-Air and KitchenAid appliances
- Flaming bananas Foster by SoFAB Staff using Jenn-Air gas range
- Eggnog cappuccino by SoFAB staff using Jenn-Air built-in coffee system
Our guests also enjoyed a tour of the Southern Food & Beverage Museum led by Museum Founder & President Elizabeth Williams.
Photographs by TJ Boudreaux