Join us for the first in a series of three dinners celebrating the chuck wagon and the cuisine it inspired, the first fruits of a curatorial partnership between the Autry Museum of the American West, the Pacific Food & Beverage Museum, and The Museum of the American Cocktail!
At the January installment of Autry Flavors, sample food of the Western trail and traditional chuck wagon cuisine, then taste a new fusion as contemporary chefs update the menu with Pacific flair.
Tickets include plates from multiple food stations, access to the galleries and garden, and presentations by chefs and food history experts. Sponsored by Whole Foods Market. Presented in collaboration with the Pacific Food & Beverage Museum and The Museum of the American Cocktail.
Executive Chef: Brad Robertson
Consulting Chef: Greg Hozinsky
Historical Consultant: Richard Foss
- Porky Pinto Beans
- Rice and Tomatoes
- Sourdough Biscuits with Mormon Gravy
- Overland Trout-style Bacon
Pacific Rim Update
- Oaxacan-Style Beans, with Charred Octopus Escabeche and Salsa Verde
- Kaffir-Scented Rice with Coconut, Thai Snapper, and Crispy Ginger.
- Charred Jalapeño Cornbread and Sourdough Biscuits with Green Curry Butter and Honey
- Slow-Roasted Pork Belly with Miso-Butterscotch Glaze, Fermented Vegetables, and Furikake
- Bourbon-Brown Butter Cake with Dried Apples and Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Boozy Peach Rice Pudding with Five-Spice Whipped Cream
Menu subject to slight changes based on ingredient availability.
Enter discount code "PACFAB" at checkout and receive $10 off the regular price of admission. RESERVE NOW!
Pacific Taste is an ongoing series of culinary talks and workshops hosted by the Pacific Food & Beverage Museum in venues across Southern California. Research Fellow Linda Civitello, Curator Richard Foss, Chef Ernest Miller, and others deliver lively lectures and lead hands-on workshops demonstrating the rich culinary traditions and distinctive cuisines of the Pacific Coast and American West.