Presented by the Pacific Food & Beverage Museum & The Museum of the American Cocktail, in collaboration with Women Who Whiskey - Los Angeles
Single malt whisky will always be associated with Scotland, the place where the style was perfected, and the drink celebrated every January along with Scottish national poet Robert Burns. Around the globe, the Bard from Ayrshire’s birthday is commemorated with the food, drink, and music of Scotland.
In the 21st century, fine whiskies are made all over the world, and it’s only appropriate to recognize this in a way that honors the birthplace while exploring the spirit's spread. The Pacific Food & Beverage Museum (PacFAB) and The Museum of the American Cocktail (MOTAC), in collaboration with Women Who Whiskey - Los Angeles, are proud to announce the first annual Global Burns Night, a progressive dinner featuring seven courses of multicultural small plates paired with single malt whiskies from Scotland, France, India, Taiwan, Japan, and California.
Award-winning Chef Neal Fraser has created a menu that honors traditional Scottish feasts but reflects the homelands of each of the evening's featured whiskies.
- Indian Butter Chicken paired with Paul John whisky from Goa
- Puff Pastry of Snails and Shortrib paired with Brenne from France
- Chef Fraser’s take on Mabo Tofu paired with Kavalan from Taiwan
- Japanese Robata Chicken Heart and Thigh paired with Suntory
- Classic Fried Chicken Sandwich paired with Slow Hand, LA's own single malt.
- Chef Fraser's “New School” Haggis (a Burns night tradition!) paired with Laphroiag whisky.
- A Modern Scottish Cranachan Pudding paired with Bar Director Tobin Shea's own whisky punch
Additional "surprise" spirits include a Irish single malt from Dublin's Teeling Whiskey Co. Dinner is $115 for all National Food & Beverage Foundation (NatFAB), Women Who Whiskey, and Culinary Historians of Southern California members, or $125 for non-members, and includes tax and gratuity. NatFAB membership is available to all at natfab.org/membership. Reservations are required.
Tickets may be refunded or exchanged up to 48 hours prior to the event. After 48 hours no refunds will be available. Please call 504-267-7490 if you have any trouble booking a ticket. A portion of all proceeds support NatFAB, home of PacFAB, MOTAC, and the Southern Food & Beverage Museum.