Throughout its two-century-old history, the cocktail has influenced music, theater, art, film, and politics around the world. The Museum of the American Cocktail celebrates this true American cultural icon. Founded by Dale DeGroff, and several of the world's most passionate cocktail authorities and historians, The Museum of the American Cocktail seeks to advance the profession and increase consumer knowledge of mixology while stressing the importance of responsible drinking. MOTAC celebrates and preserves a rich aspect of American culture while providing educational resources for professionals and the public. We also aim to broaden career opportunities in the spirits industry and encourage more participation from women and members of under-represented groups in the field.
In 2008, MOTAC opened inside the Southern Food & Beverage Museum in the Riverwalk Marketplace. In 2013 MOTAC officially became part of the SoFAB Institute.
The New Orleans Collection of The Museum of the American Cocktail is located inside the Southern Food & Beverage Museum at 1504 Oretha C. Haley Boulevard, New Orleans LA. Access to the collection is included in your admission.
Wednesday through Monday, 11:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Bringing a group? See our Group Visit Page to enhance your visit.
- Adults: $10 per person
- Students (with ID), Military, and Seniors over 60: $5 per person
- Children Under 12 (with an adult): Free
Mardi Gras Hours 2017
- Closing at 5 PM on Uptown Parade Nights (Friday, Feb. 17, Wednesday, Feb. 22-Friday, Feb. 24)
- Closed Saturday, Feb. 18 and Sunday, Feb. 19
- Closed Saturday, Feb. 25 through Tuesday, Feb. 28. Reopen with normal hours Wednesday, March 1
- Please be mindful when visiting during Mardi Gras that many streets are blocked off and it can be hard to park. Please contact us if you have any questions!
Street parking is available, or you can take the St. Charles Streetcar line to Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and walk three blocks to Oretha C. Haley Boulevard.
Many thanks to the sponsors of The Museum of the American Cocktail. To see a full list of the National Food & Beverage Foundation sponsors, please see our Sponsor Page here.